Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ok, time to confess. I've been feeling a bit guilty. Time was when I'd run in any kind of weather, but this year, as the DC area endures one of the coldest winters in many years, I've started to wimp out. Sure, I've managed to get outside for an occassional run, and I meet up with my weekend Strides For Hope group, but by and large I'm not hitting the trails, roads, and track with the consistency that I used to.
So what am I going to do about this? NOTHING! This is why they call it an "off season." I take my training indoors now many days, give my body a little bit of a break (though not too much) from the heavy training and racing of the spring-through-fall seasons, and just try to enjoy it. Guilt-free.
Believe it or not, I even managed to find the time and energy to build a snowman. Maybe this hasn't been such a bad season after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment